We are accepting only online registrations.
2020 season registration requirements
- Online registration
- Registration fee - online registration payment or KidSport (if applying for KidSport or similar program register online after requesting a waiver code for the fees from email@example.com)
- If requested: proof of medical coverage - copy of child's BC CareCard
- If requested: proof of age - copy of child's birth certificate
- If requested: 3 proofs of residence - copies of utility bills or drivers license (dated or in force between February 1 2019 to February 1 2020)
- If requested: School Enrollment Form (if residing out of boundaries and attending school within boundaries)
Players must have their primary residence or enrolled school within the league boundaries in South Vancouver or South Burnaby. Please check the league boundaries map for qualification.
Match month (top line) with year of birth. League age and division indicated at right. Or use the league age calculator.
This chart is only for the 2020 baseball season.
2020 Fall Ball
$80 All Divisions
2020 Summer Baseball
$125 All Divisions
2020 Registration Fees
$0 BlastBall age 4
$180 T-Ball ages 5 & 6
$210 Rookies ages 7 & 8
$230 Minors ages 9 & 10
$230 Majors ages 11 & 12
$250 Juniors ages 13 & 14
$250 Seniors ages 15 & 16
Your registration is not confirmed until the Registrar has reviewed eligibility, including proofs of residence within league boundaries and proof of age. You may be contacted if there are questions about eligibility. If the registration is not approved, fees paid will be refunded.
Your receipt will be issued when paying online. No other receipts will be issued.
Players registered in an age division that are subsequently assessed and move to a lower division for safety and player development reasons may qualify for a refund of the difference in the registration costs. Conversely players moved to an older division may need to pay additional registration to match that division's fee.
Refunds for will be processed by the Registrar by completing the registration withdrawal form.
All refunds are subject to the following policies:
- Refunds are paid only after return of any issued uniform and equipment
- Refunds will be refunded to the credit card that paid the fees, or on request by etransfer or cheque to the person who paid registration
- Fees paid by a third party (i.e. KidSport) will be refunded directly to the third party
Refunds for the 2020 Spring Season and 2020 Summer Baseball are subject to the following policies:
- Withdrawal by June 30: up to full refund as requested
- Withdrawal by July 14: up to 50% refund
- Withdrawal after July 14: no refund
Refunds for the regular spring season (excluding 2020) are subject to the following policies:
- Withdrawal before Opening Day: full refund
- Withdrawal on or after Opening Day and up to and including 21 days after Opening Day: 50% refund
- Withdrawal after 21 days from Opening Day: no refund
- Refund from division change: difference of registration fees as of the date originally paid
Refunds for Fall Ball, All-Stars, Selects, Fall & Winter Clinics, and other activities (excluding 2020 Summer Sessions) are subject to the following policies:
- Withdrawal before first scheduled game: full refund, less payment processing fees
- Withdrawal after first scheduled game: no refund
- Withdrawal from Clinics before first clinic: full refund, less payment processing fees
- Withdrawal from Clinics after first clinic: prorated
A player must have played regular season with SVLL and meet all age and residency requirements. Players who are selected for All-Stars or Selects will be charged an additional fee to be determined during the season.
Tournaments with other leagues are at no additional fee to players, except for All-Stars and Selects. Some examples of these tournaments from previous years are on the Tournaments page.
South Vancouver’s home diamonds are at Memorial South Park, at the corner of 41st Avenue and Ross Street in Vancouver.
BlastBall, T-Ball, and Rookies play against SVLL teams during the season. Rookies may play in tournaments during the season that are held at other leagues in the Vancouver area. Minors and Majors participate in home and away interlock games with Hastings, Trout Lake, Richmond, and New Westminster Little Leagues, as well as tournaments. Juniors and Seniors play exclusively interlock games and tournaments.
BlastBall games are held once a week, typically on Saturdays. T-Ball and Rookies play 1-2 games per week on weekends. Minors, Majors, Juniors and Seniors play 2-3 games per week.
Little League baseball is a team sport and so a player’s schedule will vary. Teams play a predetermined schedule of games which will be on the web site. Each team coach organizes their own practice schedules. If a child cannot regularly make games or practices due to other regular commitments, where possible before the season start they may be moved to a team with a more suitable schedule.
SVLL provides players with uniforms and baseball bats to use during games. Players will need a batting helmet, glove (leather, not vinyl – you can find a good, affordable selection at most sports stores) and a jock or a jill (athletic support). Baseball cleats are strongly recommended for Minors, Majors, Juniors, and Seniors. Note that soccer cleats cannot be used for safety reasons.
Little League season officially opens mid-April and closes mid-June. We form teams in March and most coaches will have had a practice or two before the season begins. We evaluate players in late February so that coaches can assess the skill level and distribute players evenly between teams, ensuring that teams are fairly matched.
We welcome all children between the ages of 4 and 12 during the season who live or attend school within the SVLL boundaries. Juniors and Seniors ages 13-16 may play with SVLL if in the District 6 league boundaries (South Vancouver, Trout Lake, Hastings, New Westminster, and Richmond).
South Vancouver Little League (SVLL) is a volunteer-run non-profit baseball league for boys and girls ages 4-16. Children are placed on teams of about 12 children (fewer for BlastBall) and given the opportunity to develop and practice baseball skills and play games with our teams in the league and division.